CCE Tuition Assistance
If you're unemployed or underemployed, you may be eligible for funds to help with Corporate & Community Education costs.
SMART Jobs is a scholarship program funded by Spartanburg County to provide intensive short-term training for dislocated workers, leading to career growth and full-time employment opportunities.
The program is also sponsored by the SC Employment Security Commission and supported by the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, Spartanburg County Economic Futures Group, and the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce.
Qualifications to Participate in Smart Jobs
- Must be a resident of Spartanburg County
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be unemployed or underemployed (less than 30 hours/week)
- Eligible for rehire from most recent employment if unemployed
- Be seeking training to lead to full-time employment
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Training
- Healthcare programs
- Additional training options may be available based on individual need.
The SNAP Employment and Training Program helps SNAP participants gain skills, training, or work experience to increase their ability to obtain regular employment that leads to economic self-sufficiency. Additionally, the SNAP E&T program offers a way to allow SNAP recipients to meet work requirements. For more information, call 864-592-4900.
Piedmont Community Action
300 S. Daniel Morgan Avenue
Spartanburg, SC 29306
SC Vocational Rehabilitation
SC Department of Social Services-Project Hope
SCC scholarship funds may be available. For more information, call 864-592-4900.