Customized Training and Workforce Development
It's a constant challenge in today's market to maintain a skilled, adaptable workforce to keep your business on the cutting edge of technology. The Spartanburg Community College Corporate & Community Education division provides customized training, private consultation and professional development opportunities to increase your profitability and productivity. We help you identify training needs, develop related instruction sources and coordinate program sponsor services with other federal employment and training programs.
The Corporate & Community Education program directors are the people to call when you have people to train or when you need a custom-designed solution to develop your workplace. They can work with you, review your needs and determine a course of action.
CCE will customize courses for your business to promote workforce development by utilizing employment initiative services offered by agencies and government programs.
Across the United States, cities and small communities advocate workforce development because it is an essential component in creating, sustaining and retaining a viable workforce. Through workforce development, communities are able to create social and economic prosperity.
Customized Training Programs Available:
- Amatrol Mechanical and Electrical Training
- Computer Training
- Leadership and Supervisory
- Quality Standards Training
Just ask and we can accommodate your needs!
For more information please complete the online Workforce Development Training Request below
These Leadership/Supervisory courses will benefit:
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience.
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted leaders.
- Experienced leaders with little or no formal leadership training.
- Courses can be taken individually and scheduled to meet your training needs.
Accepting Personal Accountability
Analyzing and Solving Problems
Challenge of Leadership-Legally Speaking
Coaching and Counseling
Communicating for Impact
Defining Performance Excellence
Developing and Retaining Talent
Essential Communication Skills
Finding the Leader Within
Getting Things Done Under Pressure
Introduction to Leadership
Leading for Desired Results
Leading in a Changing Environment
Leading Work Teams
Making Solid Decisions
Managing the Process
Motivating to Excel
Planning for Results
Selecting the Best Person for the Job
Setting Goals and Objectives
Understanding Personality Types
Understanding Your Communication Style
Working in an Ethical Manner
Employers can reduce the cost of training under the S.C. Enterprise Zone Act. The Enterprise Zone Act supports existing business and industry by allowing eligible businesses to use SC employee withholdings taxes for the purpose of retraining full-time production employees.
- A refund procedure through the SC Department of Revenue allows companies to recover up to 50 percent of the cost of retraining its workforce.
- SCC will work with the Company to develop a comprehensive, multi-year training plan.
- Following the development of a training plan an application may then be completed.