Spartanburg Community College and Gardner-Webb University Partner to Create New Direct-Transfer Programs
February 24, 2022 by Colton Grace | SCC | 2022news
"Bulldog Bound" Creates a Seamless Pathway for SCC Students Transferring to GWU
Spartanburg, SC - Today, leadership of Spartanburg Community College and Gardner-Webb University signed agreements to jointly create a Direct Transfer Program to be known as “Bulldog Bound.” The program will allow currently enrolled students at SCC a direct pathway to GWU available upon graduation with an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Arts in Teacher Preparation (AATP), Associate of Science in Teacher Preparation (ASTP), Associate of Fine Arts in Visual Arts (AFA), or Associate in Applied Science (AAS).
Additionally, a separate Business Pathway Agreement creates direct admission into the GWU Degree Completion Program for bachelor’s degrees in accounting and management.
"At Spartanburg Community College, we are dedicated to student success and converging all resources possible to help our students chase and live out their dreams," said Dr. Michael Mikota, President of Spartanburg Community College. "Partnering with Gardner-Webb University is a way in which we further reduce the cost of an education while also broadening opportunity for individuals to attain dreams they never knew were within reach. I capitalized on the opportunity to chase my dreams through the education I received at Gardner-Webb, and now our graduates can seamlessly do the same."
"Our university is committed to making a world-class education accessible and affordable to all who want it, and we are therefore so pleased to sign these agreements with our GWU alumnus, President Dr. Michael Mikota, and all our friends at SCC," said Dr. William Downs, President of Gardner-Webb University. "Together, we are working to create an easy pathway from Spartanburg to GWU. We are indeed grateful for this productive partnership that puts student success as our top, non-negotiable priority."
Students wishing to participate in “Bulldog Bound” must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a current degree-seeking student at SCC
- Submit GWU application for admission and disciplinary forms by GWU deadlines
- Submit application fee or waiver and fulfill all commitment actions steps
- Be in good standing at SCC and other institutions attended.
- Demonstrate good citizenship and conduct
- Earn and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 at SCC and a minimum GPA of 2.20 in their most recent term
- Earn an associate degree from Spartanburg in a college transfer program or in an applied program for which an articulation agreement exists
- Enroll at GWU within one academic year (within the next two regular terms (fall/ spring semesters) of completion of the associates degree)
- Meet all admissions requirements of GWU
High resolution photos from the signing are available here: https://photos.gardner-webb.edu/2022-Photos/February-2022/Articulation-Agreement/