What You Need to Know About Transcripts
A transcript is the official record of your cumulative academic work at a college. It lists all the courses attempted and the grades received for those courses.
SCC has authorized Parchment Exchange to provide transcript ordering online. It's secure and convenient, and you can submit your request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere.
- SCC no longer accepts paper transcript requests at the front window or through the mail from students or alumni.
- The processing cost of each transcript order is $2.85. This fee is paid directly to Parchment, the online transcript service company.
- You must resolve any outstanding balance owed to the college before your official transcript can be issued. If your transcript is denied due to financial obligations, it's your responsibility to submit a new request when your account is settled in the SCC Business Office.
- Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions must be directed to the issuing institution.
- Partial transcripts are not released. Only complete transcripts reflecting all coursework are issued.
- Unofficial transcripts are available through Student Self-Service for currently or recently enrolled students. Login to MySCC Portal page. Select Student Self-Service under Colleague Applications. Next, select Student Planning and click on the Unofficial transcript tab.
- Anyone who does not have access to MySCC Portal should complete the Unofficial Transcript Request form and fax or mail it to Student Records. The address and fax number are on the form.
- SCC does not fax Official transcripts.
How to Use Parchment Exchange to Request Your Transcript:
- Click here to order a transcript
- Create an account, then order your transcript
- Choose desired processing option: Now, Hold for Grades, or Hold for Degree.
- If you are sending the transcript to a college, enter the college name in the destination field. Select the correct location and college account. For other destinations, click the link under the destination search field "send to myself or third party," select paper or e-transcript and enter the required information.
- Pay the $2.85 fee per transcript and you're done!
Questions? Call the Registrar's Office at (864) 592-4681 or toll-free at (866) 591-3681 or email email@example.com