The Spartanburg Community College CENTRAL CAMPUS will be CLOSED on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 for day classes due to damages sustained during inclement weather.
All other SCC locations will operate on a normal schedule. For additional updates, please monitor the SCC website at www.sccsc.edu and call the SCC campus closing number at (864) 592-4325.
To receive a degree, diploma or certificate at SCC, transfer students must complete at least 25 percent of their program semester hours through instruction offered by SCC. The remaining 75 percent may be any combination of transfer credit, American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit, Advanced Placement (AP), articulation from secondary and vocational/technical schools, CLEP, credit by examination, or experiential learning. Refer to the current SCC catalog for procedures and requirements for awarding of credit from any of these sources.
SCC reserves the right to determine whether a particular course meets the requirements and standards for college transfer. Although a course may be transferable, it may not necessarily apply to a particular major (degree, diploma, or certificate). Program displays in the Spartanburg Community College catalog include the general education, major, and elective requirements for each program of study at the college.
Spartanburg Community College does not use transfer credits in Grade Point Average (GPA) calculations.
We recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your start term to ensure timely completion of the admissions and registration process.
Apply online or at any SCC campus location. A non-refundable $25 application fee is required to submit an application. Application fee payment details.Once you’ve applied, log into your My SCC Portal account, and access your SCC email account. See instructions here.
Submit your official high school, GED or college transcripts to the SCC Admissions Center: PO Box 4386, Spartanburg, SC, 29305. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
Official college transcripts can be requested through the Parchment Exchange website. IMPORTANT: Please email electronic transcripts to email@example.com.GED transcript information can be obtained at www.ed.sc.gov or by calling 1-803-734-8500.Find out more details regarding transcript evaluations here.
Meet with an admissions specialist at SCC to determine if you should complete the placement skills assessment, or see if you are eligible for other options in placement requirements. View details of all options for placement requirement
Download chart of placement requirement options (PDF)
Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm that your tuition and fees are paid. Don’t get deleted! If you have not paid your tuition by the specified deletion dates, you will lose your class schedule and have to pay $75 to re-register.Once tuition and fees are paid, obtain your parking decal at the Business Office, have your SCC student ID made in the Admissions Center, and purchase books for classes at The Book Inn.
Phone: (864) 592-4800
Toll Free: (866) 591-3700
Fax: (864) 592-4564
Mon - Thu | 8:00am-6:00pm
Friday | 8:00am-5:00pm
Schedule a Tour of SCC