Sign Up for Your New Student Orientation Session
Call Me Chaser: Orientation
Welcome to SCC! We are excited that you have chosen to join the Chaser community! SCC’s New Student Orientation program is a wonderful opportunity to get answers and learn the ropes of what it means to be a SCC college student. It is also an opportunity to make friends and have FUN!
In-Person Orientation: What you will gain by attending the in-person orientation:
- Discover the many valuable resources available for SCC students
- Meet other students, faculty, and staff, allowing them to make important connections and build lasting relationships
- New students will complete initial student processes such as obtaining their student ID and parking decal, logging into MySCC portal, and other technology accounts
Register for a session:
Tuesday, August 2 - FULL - 10:30am – Noon | Giles Campus or Cherokee County Campus
Thursday, August 4 - FULL - 6:00 – 7:30 pm | Giles Campus or Cherokee County Campus
Saturday, August 13 - FULL - 11:00 – 12:30 pm | Giles Campus or Cherokee County Campus
Participation in an orientation experience is a requirement of all new SCC students.
Virtual Orientation Option: For those not able to attend one of the in-person orientations, SCC is offering a virtual orientation option. This option will be made available August 15, 2022.
Preparing for Orientation
- You should prepare a list of questions so you don’t forget what you want to ask. Feel free to ask questions to current students, advisors, etc. throughout your orientation experience.
- If you require accommodations during your orientation, including services such as sign language interpreting, mobility support et cetera please contact Student Disability Services at least one week in advance of your orientation session. Call SDS at 864-592-4818 or email email@example.com
Enrollment Guide and Catalog
Here are key e-publications to help you navigate your way:
- Guide to enrolling, registering for classes and advising - 2022-2023 Enrollment and Advising Guide
- Interactive site featuring all SCC programs, courses, syllabi and more - 2022- 2023 Academic Catalog
The Enrollment and Advising Guide is available in printed hard copy if needed. Just stop by Enrollment Services and ask for a copy if you need one.
Before Classes Begin
Before the first day of classes, be sure you are prepared. Don't worry - faculty and staff at SCC are ready to help, and will be wearing ASK ME buttons so you can spot us when you need us. Here is a checklist to help you start your semester off right!
- Set-up your customized MySCC Portal. Log in to MySCC Portal. Need help logging in? Download MySCC Portal log-in instructions (PDF)
Need help with SCC email, username, passwords, MySCC Portal? Visit the MySCC Portal page and contact SCC's IT Help Desk for support. Have your student ID number number handy.
- Check out your course information in D2L Brightspace. Download instructions on how to log-in to D2L (PDF)
- Complete your New Student Orientation. Log in to MySCC Portal, navigate to Campus Applications and select New Student Orientation.
- Order your books. You can do this either in-person or online. Buy books and shop online at the SCC Book Store.
- Get a parking pass. You can register your car for free at any of the five SCC campuses in the SCC Business Office.
- Learn where your classes are located. Access campus maps at any of our 5 campus locations.
- Show up for the first day of classes prepared to learn. SCC is excited to support you in your college journey. We are glad you're here!
Taking Online Classes?
If so, here are a couple of more to-do items before your first day.
- Begin by viewing/downloading the 'How To' handout to learn how to locate and access your online courses.
- Using the download from step 1, Log-in to D2L Brightspace to check that your computer and internet connection are set up correctly.
- Complete the SCC Online Learning Tutorial before the first day of class.
- Read the course syllabus, addendum, and other information in the Start Here module.
- For technical help with your online classes, SCCOnline offers a 24/7 D2L support line at 877-325-7778 toll-free that can assist you with D2L issues at night, weekends, holidays, or anytime our phone lines are busy! Have your student ID number and course/section number handy.