Jennifer Little, Director of Career Services, Spartanburg Community College
P Dan Hull E-1; (864) 592-4820; email@example.com
The BMW Scholar program is NOT currently accepting applications. This page will be updated when the application re-opens.
The BMW Scholars Program is an apprenticeship program that partners with local area technical colleges. Students in manufacturing-related degrees attend class full-time while working part-time at BMW. Students further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment with the potential to become candidates for full-time positions at BMW after successful completion of the program. BMW provides tuition assistance each semester and a competitive wage while the student is enrolled full-time and participating in the BMW Scholars Program.
Accepted BMW Scholars work 20 hours per week at the BMW Manufacturing plant in Greer, SC and attend full time classes at SCC. Students are paid $13-15 hourly and provided $1500 in tuition assistance. BMW Scholars are required to complete additional training at BMW and maintain a GPA of 2.8+. After completion of the BMW Scholar program and Associate s Degree, Scholars are considered for full time employment in the following areas: Equipment Services Associate, Automotive or Logistics. Click this link to view the BMW Scholars Video. Students who complete their degree before they complete the 2 year apprenticeship will work 30 hours per week for the remainder of the two years before being considered for a full time position.
The first step in the application process is to enroll in Spartanburg Community College in an approved area of study. For more information about enrolling, go to www.sccsc.edu/admissions.
BMW Scholar Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- Officially admitted to SCC in an Associate Degree program in an approved program of study:
- Automotive Technology
- Automated Manufacturing Technology
- Industrial Electronics Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Minimum 2.8 GPA from your most recent education must maintain this GPA throughout the duration of the sponsorship
How to Apply:
- PRINT Your Required Application Documents:
- Resume (printed and on flash drive)
- Unofficial transcript from most recent education (showing 2.8+ GPA)
- SCC class schedule or SCC Acceptance Letter
- Call the Career Services office at 864-592-4820 to schedule an appointment to complete the BMW Scholar online application. Bring the documents listed above to the appointment. In the appointment, we will help you complete the BMW Scholar application and upload your documents to the online application.
BMW Scholars Hiring Process:
- Online Application in SCC Career Services office
- Pre-Employment Testing at BMW
- Interview at BMW
- If selected, offer made (Contingent on passing the next three items)
- Strength test/physical at BMW
- Background check at BMW
- Drug screen at BMW
- Cleared to start (Start date TBA)