Business Office

SCC Business Office

  • To view your account balance, visit the View Account and Make Payments tab in the MySCC Portal. If you need assistance logging into the portal, please contact the IT Help Desk at (864) 592-4682.

    SCC accepts cash, first-party personal checks, e-checks, credit and debit cards for payment. A convenience fee will be added per transaction for tuition payments made by credit or debit card. A payment plan is also available (view detailed information about the payment plan).

    Due care should be used in choosing your method of payment. All refunds processed from start of term through mid-October due to schedule changes will be remitted based upon the source of funds used for payment. All refunds processed after this time (when Financial Aid transmits) will be in the form of a check made payable to the student, regardless of source of funds.

    You can pay your tuition in person at the SCC Giles Campus in the business office or the administrative offices at any other SCC campus. (See the Business Office hours to the left.) You can also pay online through the MySCC Portal using the View Account and Make Payments feature.

    No paper bill will be mailed. All payments must be posted by the day/time of scheduled deletions to protect your schedule from deletion.

    Financial Aid exceeds your total charges?

    You can verify your anticipated financial aid balance and account balance online through MySCC Portal's "View Account and Make Payments" feature (see instructions above).

    Financial Aid coverage checks will be issued in October. It is the student's responsibility to make sure their address is kept current with the SCC Records Office.

    If you do not plan to attend SCC, please drop your schedule on WebAdvisor under the Registration tab or send an email to at your earliest opportunity so that others may have the option to enroll before classes begin.

    Avoid class cancellation by paying by the payment deadlines.

    View Payment Options and Refund Information
    Senior Citizen Tuition Information

    Debts Owed to the College

    If you owe the College for tuition, books, parking tickets, or library fines, you will not receive your grades until your bill has been paid.
    If you owe the College, you will not be allowed to register until your bill has been paid.

    You will not be permitted to graduate, receive transcripts, or register for subsequent terms until all prior debts to the college are paid in full. These debts could be for, but not limited to, tuition or library and parking fines, and may date from any time you were enrolled in the College.

  • Additional Costs for Health and Other Majors

    Most majors (programs) in the Health Division require students to purchase uniforms and other materials, to obtain liability insurance and to pay for a SC Law Enforcement (SLED) background check. Additional purchases may also be required, depending on the program. Programs in other divisions may also require the purchase of a small amount of equipment which becomes the property of the student.

    Books and Supplies

    All instructional programs require the purchase of textbooks and other supplies associated with the various courses in the curriculum. Depending on the program and a student s course load each semester, textbook costs can be several hundred dollars. Textbooks and supplies are available for sale in the college bookstore. Used textbooks are available for many courses, which can help reduce costs. In some cases, one textbook may be used for two courses in a sequence. Several financial aid and scholarship programs provide funds to help offset textbook costs.

    Those students using a financial aid credit balance to purchase textbooks and instructional supplies have the option to "opt out" of purchasing books at the SCC Book Inn and may request an allowance to purchase books and supplies elsewhere by completing the Request to Opt Out form and submitting it to the Business Office by the first day of classes each semester the student elects to use an allowance.

    1098-T Reporting Changes

    Due to revisions required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Spartanburg Community College is changing the reporting method for the Form 1098-T Tuition Statement. The Form 1098-T is the information return that colleges and universities are required to issue for the purpose of determining a student's eligibility for education tax credits.

    Beginning with the 2018 tax year, the IRS is now requiring schools to report the total amount of payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses from all sources during the calendar year in Box 1. Because of this change, Spartanburg Community College will report payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses in Box 1 of the form, whereas in previous years, we reported amounts billed for qualified tuition and related expenses in Box 2. Box 2 is no longer an option. IRS guidelines require that student transactions must be reported in the calendar year in which they occur. The calendar year begins January 1st and ends December 31st.

    In November of each year, the spring statements are available online in Self-Service students for the spring semester that begins in January of the following year. All qualified payments made within the 2018 calendar year (January 1st, 2018 December 31st, 2018) will be reflected in the 2018 1098-T Tuition Statement. However, any payment(s) posted on or after January 1st, 2019, will not be reflected until the 2019 1098-T Tuition Statement. Payments received via mail during this time will be receipted in 2019 and reported on the 2019 1098-T Tuition Statement.

    Each taxpayer should refer to relevant IRS forms and publications for explanations relating to the eligibility requirements for, and calculation of, any allowable education tax credit. Spartanburg Community College can only answer questions related to how the form 1098-T is prepared. We cannot provide individual taxpayer advice and ask that you consult a tax advisor regarding your tax status.

    The College must ensure that we are providing the form 1098-T to all our students with an accurate social security or taxpayer identification number. We may be contacting you to provide this information if it is not currently available with your student account.

    If you have any questions, please contact the Business Office at your campus.