You got the free tuition! Now what?
Success starts at SCC. Here are three key e-publications to help you navigate your way:
- Guide to enrolling, registering for classes and advising - 2021-2022 Enrollment and Advising Guide
- SCC Handbook for maps, directories, procedures and more - 2021 - 2022 SCC Student Planner & Handbook
- Interactive site featuring all SCC programs, courses, syllabi and more - 2021- 2022 Academic Catalog
The Enrollment and Advising Guide, plus the SCC Planner and Handbook are available in printed hard copy if needed. Just stop by Enrollment Services and ask for a copy if you need one.
Before Classes Begin
Before the first day of classes, be sure you are prepared. Don't worry - faculty and staff at SCC are ready to help, and will be wearing ASK ME buttons so you can spot us when you need us. Here is a checklist to help you start your semester off right!
- Set-up your customized MySCC Portal. Log in to MySCC Portal. Need help logging in? Download MySCC Portal log-in instructions (PDF)
Need help with SCC email, username, passwords, MySCC Portal? Visit the MySCC Portal page and contact SCC's IT Help Desk for support. Have their student ID number number handy.
- Check out your course information in D2L Brightspace. Download instructions on how to log-in to D2L (PDF)
- Complete your New Student Orientation. Log in to MySCC Portal, navigate to Campus Applications and select New Student Orientation.
- Order your books. You can do this either in-person or online. Buy books and shop online at the SCC Book Store.
- Get a parking pass. You can register your car for free at any of the five SCC campuses in the SCC Business Office.
- Learn where your classes are located. Access campus maps at any of our 5 campus locations.
- Show up for the first day of classes prepared to learn. SCC is excited to support you in your college journey. We are glad you're here!
Taking Online Classes?
If so, here are a couple of more to-do items before your first day.
- Begin by viewing/downloading the 'How To' handout to learn how to locate and access your online courses.
- Using the download from step 1, Log-in to D2L Brightspace to check that your computer and internet connection are set up correctly.
- Complete the SCC Online Learning Tutorial before the first day of class.
- Read the course syllabus, addendum, and other information in the Start Here module.
- For technical help with your online classes, SCCOnline offers a 24/7 D2L support line at 877-325-7778 toll-free that can assist you with D2L issues at night, weekends, holidays, or anytime our phone lines are busy! Have your student ID number and course/section number handy.
Financial Emergencies and Assistance
- Apply for additional funds to help you pay for instructional materials such as books,
laptops and uniforms. Apply for Fill the Backpack Fund
- SCC has an emergency fund available for students experiencing financial hardships.
Students must supply situational information to be eligible. Apply for Emergency Fund
SCC Wants You to Succeed: Here to Help
SCC offers convenient student resources such as the on-campus bookstore and business office, and SCC library, and academic support services to better a student's college experience. SCC is proud to serve students active in the US Military as well as veterans. We also provide accommodations for students needing support through our Student Disability Services office.
We realize things are different right now, and we are here to support your needs as we all face this together. With multiple start dates and choices for types of classes, SCC offers the flexibility you need for your life during these times of uncertainty. To find out more about how SCC is handling the social distancing and expectations, visit the COVID-19 updates page and the COVID-19 FAQs page.