Applying to the Paramedic ProgramsParamedic Programs consist of SCC programs AAS.G.EMS or CT.PMD.
EMT/Paramedic Information SessionsFor students submitting Paramedic Program Admission packets for 2020 SPRING term:
Admission packets for the 2020 Spring Paramedic cohort will only be accepted on:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2019 - 9:00am 3:00pmGeneral Ability Needed
- There is no GPA requirement; however, a GPA of 2.0 or higher is highly recommended to be successful with the academic rigor of the program.
- Due to the intense nature of this program, students are advised to have a strong command of writing and reading comprehension, in English, as well as the ability to perform arithmetic computations. Students should have the ability to perform mathematical computations including but not limited to, the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, ratios, and basic algebra. Students who do not possess strong reading, writing and mathematical abilities may have difficulty completing this program.
- Prerequisites are set by SC DHEC Bureau of EMS. Applicants must be at least 18 years
of age, have a high school diploma or GED and meet entrance requirements and prerequisites
of the college. Consult with an SCC Admissions officer to ensure you meet prerequisites
of the college
- NOTE: BIO 112 or the equivalent or higher MUST be completed as a pre-requisite to EMS 150. Students cannot take BIO 215/BIO 216 at Spartanburg Community College to satisfy the biology requirement.
- NOTE: You must be a currently enrolled student at SCC to apply for this program! Apply to Spartanburg Community College if you are not already a current student. Students need to be accepted to Spartanburg Community College before applying for the program. All transcripts should be sent directly to the Spartanburg Community College Admissions department if you are transferring classes. Please contact them at (864) 592-4800 or email@example.com with any questions regarding transcripts.
- View the Application Process Information (PDF of PowerPoint Presentation) for information regarding admission to the Paramedic Program
- Refer to Admission Packet Information (PDF) for information regarding assembling and submitting your Admissions Packet
- When applying to the Paramedic program, the following forms are to be completed in their entirety and placed, along with any documentation being used to verify your information, into the Admissions Packet on the application deadline date(s).
Following acceptance to the Paramedic Program:
- Complete the mandatory Criminal Background Investigation and Drug Testing through Verified Credentials (PDF). Plan to complete the Drug Screening at least one (1) week prior to classes beginning to ensure results are returned before classes begin.
- Obtain required immunizations or gather documentation of childhood immunization records.
- Do this EARLY as some immunizations require multiple doses or, some immunizations you already have may need to be updated.
- View Immunization, Clinical, Field Experience, and Internship requirements here in this document.
- Attend MANDATORY Orientation to be held shortly after notification of acceptance to
the program. During Orientation, you will:
- Complete required program forms
- Register for classes
- Purchase books and supplies at the Book Inn.
- Purchase your uniform from Harrison s Workwear.
- Consider purchasing your uniform early from Harrison s Workwear!
- A full and complete uniform must be worn to all laboratory classes and field experience shifts.
- Although infrequent, some uniform items may out of stock and need to be ordered to accommodate individual sizes. Uniforms will be needed within the first week for paramedic students.
- Refer to the Uniform Policy (PDF) on the EMT and Paramedic webpage for complete details.
For more information, contact: Doug Paris, Emergency Medical Services Program Director, at (864) 592-4277 or Parisd@sccsc.edu.