Lottery Tuition Assistance Program (LTA)
To be eligible to be awarded LTA, you must:
- Complete the FAFSA and SCC's financial aid process.
- Qualify for in-state tuition and be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Be accepted for enrollment in a degree, diploma or certificate program.
- Not owe a repayment to a federal or state grant program.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Once you have attempted at least 24 credit hours, you must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 prior to the fall semester of an academic year.
- You cannot receive LTA for more than one certificate, diploma or degree earned within any five year period unless the additional certificate, diploma or degree constitutes progress in the same field of study.
The amount you can use toward tuition and fee charges is based on the amount of these charges remaining on your account after Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, SCNBG and NGCAP have been applied to your student account. If you receive a LIFE Scholarship or a tuition waiver, you will not receive LTA. If your tuition and fees are paid by VA, you will not receive the LTA award.
- LTAP will be applied to your student account before any SCC scholarship, outside scholarship or Federal Direct Loan award(s) so that you can use these award(s) for books or receive a cash disbursement.
- LTAP cannot be used for books, supplies or be disbursed to you by check.
- Award amounts are determined by the State each semester and are subject to change.