The Sherry Vaughn Textbook Fund
There are times when students find themselves in a difficult financial situation and seek emergency monetary relief through the SCC Foundation (SCCF). Over the years, SCC Foundation has raised private dollars to create a specific fund designated to assist students with the cost of textbooks that are purchased through the Book Inn.
Before you apply for assistance:
- FAFSA submission is required.
- Applicants must have applied for all other assistance, including loans.
- Applicants must show proof of financial hardship which has been created by events beyond their control.
- Applicants may not have a past due balance with the College.
- Applicants must provide both a detailed explanation and proof of why the funds are needed; I don’t have money is not enough.
Requirements for this fund:
- 2.0 GPA or higher required.
- Applicant must have completed 6 or more credit hours at SCC and be currently enrolled in 6 or more credit hours.
- The maximum award is $500.
- This fund may only be awarded once per calendar year.
The following circumstances are NOT considered acceptable reasons to apply:
- Need help paying college tuition or fees
- Need help with past due debts to college, including old student loans
- Childcare costs (please contact the AIM Center for these resources)
- Non-Emergency related medical bills
- Non-Emergency related travel costs
- Any Non-Essential or Entertainment related monthly fees including but not limited to; cable, streaming services, online gaming subscriptions, and internet service (to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- A life event from more than 1 month ago, except for events which have prevented the applicant from working since they occurred
- Day to day expenses such including but not limited to; rent, car payments, phone bills, and electric bills, unless they are past due because of an event beyond the applicant’s control