SCC Tyger River Campus is a designated Enterprise Campus Authority, proud to serve the academic and business community! Located conveniently off Hwy. 290 in Duncan, this campus offers training and development opportunities for area residents, businesses and industry. Whether you are a student looking to earn a degree or certificate, or a business person looking to locate in Spartanburg County, expand or enhance workforce development, we have what you need at SCC Tyger River Campus. This Enterprise Campus Authority also houses the Spark Center SC, designed to assist companies who wish to start or relocate to our area.
College Credit Courses
The Tyger River Campus offers a variety of credit courses in flexible and convenient class formats that make taking classes during the day, evening or on weekends easy for any student. Classes are offered in the traditional 15-week semester and SCC s FlexStart (10-week) term.
Corporate & Community Education
The SCC Corporate and Community Education Division (C&CE) offers courses at the Tyger River Campus designed to assist local business and industry in training and professional development. Many CC&E courses feature industrial and computer labs, which provide invaluable hands-on learning experiences and better prepare participants for the real-world work environment.
Spark Center SC
SCC Tyger River Campus is also home to Spark Center SC, a center for business development - also referred to as the Spark. Visit Spark Center SC website to find out more about the Spark and its involvement with economic development in Spartanburg and the state of South Carolina, as well as what the Spark can do for you and your business.
If you are looking for an affordable, convenient place to conduct your next workshop, seminar or business meeting, consider the Tyger River Campus. With general purpose meeting rooms and a seminar room featuring state-of-the art multi-media presentation equipment and comfortable seating for up to 75 participants, you can hold your next business meeting at the Tyger River Campus! Call (864) 592-6524 or email email@example.com to schedule.
SCC Tyger River Campus FAQs
What are the Tyger River Campus hours of operation?
Hours of operation at TRC are Monday - Thursday 8am - 9pm and Friday 8am - 1:30pm. Campus administrative offices close at 5pm Monday - Thursday and 1:30pm on Friday; the campus evening coordinator is on duty Monday - Thursday 5pm - 9pm.
What student services are provided at TRC?
- Enrollment Services including admissions, advising and registration assistance are available at TRC. Click here for information on the SCC Enrollment Process.
- Financial aid information is available although no FA counselor is assigned to the campus.
- Business Office services, including the setting up of payment plans and processing of tuition payments, are available. Parking decals, student ID cards and student planners/handbooks are issued to eligible students.
- A part-time library specialist and part-time tutors are assigned to the TRC to assist students as needed; call 864-592-6200 for tutoring schedules.
- Computers are available throughout the campus for the use of students. Community patrons are invited to use computers in the Information Commons where library staff assist them with logging on.
- The Tyger River Campus has a full-service bookstore where students can purchase textbooks, supplies and promotional items. Textbook buyback is available on Giles Campus only - dates are announced each semester on the SCC Book Inn webpage. Price lists for books can also be found on the SCC Book Inn webpage.
- Testing at TRC is available by appointment only. Click here to be redirected to the SCC Testing Center webpage.
What credit classes are offered at TRC?Most SCC academic programs can be started at the TRC. For a complete list of classes offered at the Tyger River Campus, click here to use the "Search for Classes" function. Use Advanced Search Tab to limit your search to course offerings at TRC by semester by selecting "Tyger River Campus" in the location field.
How do I enroll in a Corporate & Community Education class?Visit CCE website or call 864-592-4900 for more information.