Types of Financial Aid

  • Grants and scholarships are money that do not have to be repaid.
    are borrowed money that must be repaid after you leave or graduate from school.
    is money that you earn by working a part-time job at SCC.
    Veterans Assistance
    is available for US Military veterans.
    , internships and
    cooperative (co-op) education offer opportunities for qualified students for paid (or non-paid) assignments in a supervised work setting and classroom. 

    Student Eligibility Requirements
    These requirements are for all federal aid programs including Pell Grant, FSEOG, Federal Work Study and Direct student loans, and each program may also have additional eligibility criteria. A student must meet the following general eligibility requirements to receive federal assistance:
    • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program
    • Be a regular student
    • Have a high school diploma or GED
    • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
    • Not be a member of a religious community that directs the program of study or provides maintenance (except for unsubsidized Direct Loans)
    • Be registered with the Selective Service (males only)
    • Not be in default on a federal student loan borrowed for attendance at any institution
    • Not have borrowed in excess of federal loan limits
    • Not owe a repayment on a federal grant or scholarship received for attendance at any institution
    • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
    • Not be enrolled concurrently in an elementary or secondary school
    • Provide a valid social security number