Become a Certified Esthetician!
Esthetics is a branch of anatomical science that deals with the overall health and well-being of the skin, which is the largest organ of the human body. An esthetician is a specialist in the cleansing, beautification, and preservation of the health of the skin on the entire body, including the face and neck. Estheticians frequently work in salon and spa settings, where they perform facials, facial massages, waxing, and body treatments. They also provide makeup services.
Students who successfully complete this 450-hour course are eligible to sit for the South Carolina Board of Cosmetology Licensing Theory and Practical examinations.
Course Description: Students in this SC Board of Cosmetology approved program will learn the sciences of the skin, the fundamentals of esthetics, and business practices for estheticians. Students will learn to perform hands on treatments such as facials, waxing, body scrubs, and makeup application.
Prerequisites for Esthetics:
- High school diploma or GED
- A Silver Level (Level 4) on the WIN Reading for Information test (test is free).
- WIN test is available at the SCC Tyger River Campus. Contact Christine Morris at 864-592-6190. WIN test also available at SC Works (864-764-1966) and Spartanburg Adult Education (864-706-4134).
- Students are exempt from taking the WIN test if they have an associate degree or higher or: ACT (English: minimum score of 19), SAT before March 2016 (Critical Reading: minimum score of 480), SAT after March 2016 (Evidence Based Reading & Writing: minimum score of 510). Scores must be no more than 7 years old at the start of class.
- Complete a background check,10 panel drug screen, and 2-step PPD.
Cost: $4995 - Textbooks are included in the tuition and will be available in class.
Tuition/Scholarship funding is available for this class.
Start Date Campus Schedule Check back later for upcoming classes!