SCC welcomes students from other colleges
College Credit Transfer Information
To receive a degree, diploma or certificate at SCC, transfer students must complete at least 25 percent of their program semester hours through instruction offered by SCC. The remaining 75 percent may be any combination of transfer credit, American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit, Advanced Placement (AP), articulation from secondary and vocational/technical schools, CLEP, credit by examination, or experiential learning. Refer to the current SCC catalog for procedures and requirements for awarding of credit from any of these sources.
- The Registrar evaluates credits from other institutions. The Registrar may seek input
from the appropriate division dean or department head to determine the applicability
of specific courses. The Vice President for Academic Affairs has final approval on
the applicability of transfer credit to a specific program of study. In general, transfer
credit is awarded when a course is
- from a post-secondary institution accredited by a regional accreditation association, such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Similar in content to the catalog synopsis of the corresponding course at Spartanburg Community College;
- required, or permitted as an elective, in the program;
- Graded at a letter grade of "C" or better, or a numerical grade of 2.0 or better (on a 4-point scale); and
- Not a duplication of credits already earned.
SCC reserves the right to determine whether a particular course meets the requirements and standards for college transfer. Although a course may be transferable, it may not necessarily apply to a particular major (degree, diploma, or certificate). Program displays in the Spartanburg Community College catalog include the general education, major, and elective requirements for each program of study at the college.
Spartanburg Community College does not use transfer credits in Grade Point Average (GPA) calculations.
Steps to Enroll for Students Transferring to SCC
Apply to SCC
Apply for Financial AidTo be considered for all types of federal and state assistance including grants, student loans, work study and Lottery Tuition Assistance, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You do not have to wait to complete the financial aid process before proceeding with the following enrollment steps. However, to be awarded financial aid you must complete the admissions process.
Instructions for Applying for Financial Aid
Important Information for Transfer Students
Important Dates for Financial Aid
Submit your official high school, GED or college transcripts to the SCC Admissions Center: PO Box 4386, Spartanburg, SC, 29305. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Applicants who have earned an associate degree or higher from an accredited institution are not required to verify high school graduation or the equivalent provided official college transcripts are submitted indicating the highest degree earned.
- Applicants who do not have a 2- or 4-year degree from an accredited institution must submit an official high school transcript or GED scores.
Official college transcripts can be requested through the Parchment Exchange website. IMPORTANT: Please email electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GED transcript information can be obtained at www.ed.sc.gov or by calling 1-803-734-8347.
Meet Entrance Requirements
Meet with an admissions specialist at SCC to determine if you should complete the placement skills assessment, or see if you are eligible for other options in placement requirements.
View details of all options for placement requirement
Confirm Acceptance, See Advisor & RegisterConfirm your acceptance into the College by visiting or calling the SCC Admissions Center at any SCC location.
Once accepted, an Enrollment Advisor will assist you with advising and registering for classes.
Pay Tuition & Fees
Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm that your tuition and fees are paid.
Your balance can be viewed on your MySCC Portal account along with financial aid rewards.
Don’t get deleted! If you have not paid your tuition by the specified deletion dates, you will lose your class schedule and have to pay $75 to re-register.
Once tuition and fees are paid, obtain your parking decal at the Business Office, purchase books for classes at The Book Inn.
Buy Books: Visit the Book Inn, the SCC bookstore on the Central Campus with your schedule to buy books.
Parking Permit: Register your car for a free parking decal at the SCC Business Office.
Congratulations! You are officially a SCC student!