Non-High School Graduate

  • Options are available at SCC

    If you are at least 18 years of age, but have not earned a high school diploma or a GED, you may apply for admission into selected industrial technology certificate programs only. These programs include welding, machine tool technology, or HVAC and refrigeration technology. It is also required that you enroll in and complete an adult education program to receive a GED before graduating from any SCC program. We encourage you to contact an admissions specialist to help you in your admissions process.

    Steps to Enroll as a Non-High School Graduate

    1. Apply to SCC

      Apply now or visit any SCC campus location.

      Once you’ve applied, log into your
      My SCC Portal account, and access your SCC email account. See instructions here.
    2. Enroll in GED/Adult Education Program

      It is an admissions requirement that non-high school graduates enroll in an adult education program to complete a GED. Once you complete an SCC application, an admissions specialist will refer you to a program

      Enrollment in the SCC program is based on your concurrent and continuing participation in adult education classes. A GED or high school diploma must be obtained before you can apply to graduate from a program.

    3. Take Entrance Test

      Meet with an admissions specialist at SCC to determine if you should complete the placement skills assessment, or see if you are eligible for other options in placement requirements

      View details of all options for placement requirement

      Download chart of placement requirement options (PDF)

    4. Confirm Acceptance, See Advisor & Register

      Confirm your acceptance into the College by visiting or calling the SCC Admissions Center at any SCC location

      Once accepted, an Enrollment Advisor will assist you with advising and registering for classes.
    5. Pay Tuition & Fees


      Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm that your tuition and fees are paid.

      Your balance can be viewed on your MySCC Portal account along with financial aid rewards. 

      Once tuition and fees are paid, obtain your parking decal at the Business Office and purchase books for classes at The Book Inn.

      Buy Books: Visit the Book Inn, the SCC bookstore on the Giles Campus with your schedule to buy books.

      Parking Permit: Register your car for a free parking decal at the SCC Business Office.

      Congratulations! You are officially a SCC student!