Tuesday, October 09, 2012
The partnership between SCC, Jeffreys and Haas will allow SCC students the opportunity for hands-on training on Haas products that will ultimately make them more valuable employees for local industry after they graduate from SCC and enter the workforce.
The partnership between Spartanburg Community College and Jeffreys Manufacturing that began in 2008 with the opening of the Jeffreys Southeastern Showroom at the SCC Tyger River Campus has expanded and now features CNC machinery manufactured by the largest machine tool builder in the United States, Haas Automation, Inc. of Oxnard, California.
“This partnership between SCC, Jeffreys and Haas will allow SCC students the opportunity for hands-on training on Haas products that will ultimately make them more valuable employees for local industry after they graduate from SCC and enter the workforce,” said Mike Forrester, SCC’s director of economic development. “The Haas showroom will also bring visitors to the Spartanburg area from many southeastern states which is critical as all three organizations seek to expand business partnerships and promote the Upstate as a competitive, thriving location for new and expanding business/industry.”
The grand opening of the showroom will be held today, Tuesday, October 8, 2012 at 2:00 pm at the SCC Tyger River Campus in Duncan.
Photo opportunities include the following:
Representatives from Jeffreys Manufacturing Solutions and Spartanburg Community College-
- Mr. Brooks Barwick, President, Jeffreys Manufacturing Solutions
- Mr. Larry Hubbard, Vice President/Sales, Jeffreys Manufacturing Solutions
- Mr. Gordon Eargle, Haas Factory Outlet General Manager
- Mr. Henry C. Giles, Jr, President, Spartanburg Community College
- Mr. Mike Forrester, Director of Economic Development, Spartanburg Community College
Demonstrations on the following Haas machines-
- Haas VF-4, Three Axis Vertical Machining Center
- Haas VF-5/50, 50 Taper Three Axis Vertical Machining Center
- Haas ST-30Y, Y axis Lathe
- Haas ST-20, Two Axis Lathe
- Haas TM-1, Tool Room Mill
A demonstration day featuring Hass machinery will be held at the showroom on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 from 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
Photo caption: Demonstration of Haas CNC machine by Mr Gordon Eargle, the Haas Factory Outlet General Manager here at the SCC Tyger River Campus.