All prospective students applying for admission to SCC must:
Applicants with previous college credit (including credit from SCC) may exempt all or a portion of ASSET or COMPASS. To exempt the writing skills, reading skills or numerical skills portion, the student must have earned credit from an accredited postsecondary institution that includes courses in college-level English, reading or reading-based courses or math with grades of “C” or better. To exempt the algebra skills portion of ASSET or COMPASS, the student must have earned a grade of “C” or better in an algebra course at an accredited postsecondary institution, and
- Request an official copy of all transcripts be sent to SCC from other colleges or universities attended, and
- Meet with an admissions counselor prior to official acceptance to the College to review the results of the skills assessment and to discuss campus resources and services.
Any exception for admission must be approved by the SCC vice president of student affairs.
- Steps to Admissions Understand the admissions process by going over the steps involved to forwarding your education.
- Apply Online Apply for admission conveniently online. Save your information and return to complete later - you decide, it's up to you!
- Important Dates Keep up with deadlines and information sessions.
- Request a Visit Contact recruiting or an admissions counselor to make an appointment for a visit or campus tour.