Start at SCC and Transfer to a
Four Year College or University...
SCC's University Transfer Program is designed to provide students with their freshman and sophomore years of a typical bachelor's degree through an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree earned at SCC. Upon completion, students can seamlessly transfer to any public four-year college in South Carolina (if student is accepted by that institution). Many credits also transfer to other in-state and out-of-state institutions.
The benefits to students include -
- Significant cost savings - SCC's tuition is 60-80% lower than four-year institutions.
- Ability to stay close to home - Save even more money on room and board!
- Additional time to determine which program of study to pursue.
- Ease of transition into the college environment with strong support services and small class sizes.
- Opportunity to attend their dream college, if they did not have the SAT/ACT scores or grades required for acceptance upon high school graduation.
Other Transfer Opportunities - Articulation Agreements
Links to Important Details
- View the complete list of institutions that have articulation agreements with SCC.
- For details on transfer agreements with specific colleges and university, search Spartanburg Community College on the CollegeTransfer.net website.
- Check course equivalencies and other transfer information at SC TRAC
The associate of arts degree with business electives is ideal if your goal is to obtain a four-year degree in management or business. This program has been developed with the assistance of the University of South Carolina Upstate School of Business and Economics.
: The Certificate in Pre-Chiropractic and Associate in Science with Pre-Chiropractic Electives are designed for students whose goal is a doctor of chiropractic degree at Sherman College of Chiropractic. Upon completion of both the Associate in Science degree with Pre-Chiropractic electives and the Certificate in Pre-Chiropractic, with an acceptable GPA, students will be eligible to apply to Sherman College of Chiropractic
Associate in Science with Pre-Chiropractic Electives
Digital Design (Web and Graphic Design)
Engineering Technology Management
The Associate in Applied Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology prepares students for employment in industry as electronic technicians. Through a partnership with the University of South Carolina Upstate, graduates of the EET program
may transfer into the Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology Management Program.
Electronics Engineering Technology (Associate Degree)
The Horticulture Technology program at Spartanburg Community College is a two-year associate degree program with emphasis on landscaping, nursery operations, and greenhouse work. SCC's partnership with Clemson University enables students to transfer credit toward a bachelor's degree in horticulture and agriculture education. More information on Horticulture Technology programs at SCC.
The associate of arts and science degrees are designed for you if your goal is a bachelor’s degree in education at the University of South Carolina Upstate. Once you finish studies at SCC, you will transfer to USC Upstate and enter the School of Education to complete coursework. More information on Teacher Education transfer programs.
The following are the Teacher Education degrees designed for transfer: