I Completed My FAFSA, What Now?
1. Once the FAFSA is submitted, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor. Review the information on the SAR to verify that it is correct. Do not bring this form in unless there is a problem - keep it for your records. About the same time, the SCC financial aid office will receive your application information electronically.
2. If additional information is needed to complete your file, you will receive an email to your SCC email account (generally within one week following receipt of your SAR). Items needed can be viewed through the SCC Portal in WebAdvisor under Financial Aid then My Documents. Submit the requested information as soon as possible and make sure all documents are signed.
3. After receipt of all requested information, we may submit necessary corrections to the federal processor. This step may add an additional one to two weeks to the process.
4. Once your file is complete, you will receive an email to your SCC email account. You can view or print your financial aid award letter and all the financial aid award letter inserts through the SCC Portal in WebAdvisor under Financial Aid. Read everything thoroughly.
5. If you apply in time and are eligible, you can use financial aid award(s) (excluding Federal Work Study, FWS) to pay tuition and fees and to make purchases in the Book Inn. Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) cannot be used for books and supplies. Funds available after tuition, fees, books and supply expenses have been paid will be disbursed by the business office. Dates will be printed in the SCC Student Planner & Handbook and in the SCC Registration Guide.
6. If you do not apply in time, you will be expected to pay for tuition, fees, books and supplies and be reimbursed for financial aid awards in the amount for which you are eligible.